General job description for In-store Demonstrator jobs in New Zealand
What is the purpose of the Job?
Often referred to as a Brand Ambassador, the purpose is to educate customers on client’s products in-store.
The following covers the job’s general day-to-day responsibilities, and the skills and experience required.
Key day-to-day activities:
- Complete product training to understand the product, key brand messages and product features.
- Hold product training sessions with retail staff to ensure sound product knowledge to help increase sales.
- Set up product displays for demonstrations in retail stores, malls, venues and events.
- Invite customers to try product, explain the product and answer their questions.
- Sell product to customers.
- Provide weekly feedback, inventory and sales report to employer.
Key skills and experience required:
- It helps to have a passion or interest in the product demonstrating. For example, for food preparation demonstration – loving food or cooking may assist you to relate to customers questions.
- Plenty of confidence and rapport building skills. Why? To proactively entice the customer over to try the product, and then engage in a conversation to educate them on the product.
- Sales experience is beneficial. Retails sales is advantageous.
- Strong English communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proven work ethic for being reliable and punctual.
- Excellent presentation and professionalism.
- Legally entitled to work in NZ essential.
Hours of Work:
Sometimes require 40hrs a week commitment, but generally you’ll see Instore Demonstrator jobs advertised on a casual or part time basis. Part time hours are usually on the weekend and/or one day during the week. Therefore it’s a great social role for university students, mothers returning to the workforce, semi-retirees or retirees and those wanting a lifestyle/work balance.
In-store Demonstrator Job Vacancies New Zealand
Current in-store Demonstrator jobs available with Chilli Factor Recruitment Software clients: